Updated October 2018
Permitted Content in Listings
Content submitted by users to their property listings should be accurate information. The content should be text and should not include links to other websites, email addresses or other forms of contact information. Listings cannot contain profanity and the media uploaded must be images of the property. Images cannot include water marks, text, or logos. These images will be removed. Any kind of offensive material will be deleted immediately by Punto Sur Propiedades.
- South Point Properties is not a real estate agency or a real estate broker. South Point Properties is an advertising company specific, but not limited to advertising real estate for sale or rent. To make advertisements relevant to our users, South Point Properties collects information from our users and visitors in the form of cookies or with the data that is provided by the account owners. South Point Properties does not play a role or a real estate agency in that we do not represent the property owner or the tenant or buyer. South Point Properties’ only role is to advertise properties to users and visitors who may be interested in them.
- Use of the Services; Restrictions.
- Use of Content by South Point Properties: By entering content in the form of listings or otherwise to puntosurpropiedades.com, you consent to South Point Properties using the content (images, text, etc). South Point Properties uses content as promotional material on other websites, social media marketing, online advertising, print advertising or otherwise physical advertising. South Point Properties is not responsible for any content that is uploaded to the website and is under no obligation to edit, remove, or alter the content in anyway. Although, South Point Properties may alter, edit, or remove any content that we see necessary.
- Use of Content by Other Users or Visitors: Other users or visitors who are not the owners or acting agent or agency of a listing, by no means have the right or permission to use another listings content (images, text, etc), unless the user or visitor has written consent from the content owner, whether for use on or off puntosurpropiedades.com.
- Prohibited Use. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU AGREE NOT TO:
- use the website in any way that is unlawful, or harms South Point Properties, its service providers, suppliers, or any other user;
- distribute or post spam, false information, or similar communications through the website;
- impersonate another person or misrepresent your affiliation with another person or entity;
- use South Point Properties logo or name as part of your screen name or email address on or off the website
- Automated Recurring Payments. Properties uploaded to the website may include features that allow for automatically recurring payments for periodic charges (“Subscription Service”). If you decide to activate a Subscription Service, you authorize South Point Properties to periodically charge your account, on a going-forward basis and until cancellation of either the recurring payments or your account. Subscription are connected to each property or account, so subscriptions will continue unless and until you cancel the subscription to each property or account, or if we terminate the listing or account. You must cancel your subscription before it renews in order to avoid billing of the next periodic subscription fee to your account. We will bill the periodic subscription fee to the payment method you provide to us during registration. South Point Properties may change the subscription fee at any time but will notify paying account holders in advance. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time through the user’s account. If a subscription is canceled before the payment term is complete, South Point Properties will not refund the amount for the unused term. South Point Properties will return credit on your account for the unused time. This credit is not transferable to another user, but may be used for another property.
- Suggestions.If you choose to provide input and suggestions regarding the website, you do so under royalty free terms.
- Electronic Communications.By using the Services, you consent to receiving certain electronic communications from South Point Properties.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better serve you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user placing an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Keep track of advertisements.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off it will turn off some of the features of the site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
- DoubleClick Platform Integration
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Can change your personal information:
- By logging in to your account
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via in-site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Fernando de Aragon y Primero de Mayo
Cuenca, Azuay 010150